World of Adonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for the world of Adonia, a fantasy world created to home Canas and Dosoi as well as a host of other animals. RP focused community for people to gather and make characters, and otherwise enjoy themselves.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Northerly winds.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm

[I don't know if the other roleplay is dead or on hold or not or what, so... I guess I'll just post a new one? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.]

------

It was especially windy that day. The sun was bright and the sky was blue and cloudless, yet the wind seemed to have it's own ideas about the weather. Din struggled to keep her eyes on the path ahead of her and avoid getting dust blown in them at the same time. The strong breeze whipped through her hair in a rather unfriendly manner, much to the disgruntled Dosoi's disapproval. With her head hung low she found she had to look up every so often to make sure she knew where she was going. The problem was that she didn't. Din was always a little slow to pick up on the directions when she was distracted and a little bit grumpy, and this day was certainly no exception. She'd somehow managed to get herself lost on a high ridge she wasn't even vaguely familiar with.

The dosoi stopped and sighed, finally deciding the wind was too much for the moment. She sat with an over-exaggerated huff and looked out over the edge of the ridge for any familiar land marks. This was also a bit harder to do while distracted by the hair ruffling about her mask in a rather irritating fashion. Din grumbled a little and lay down, hoping that the wind would die off soon. She was getting tired already and it was making her a little moody. She didn't like being moody.
Back to top Go down
http://audreywolfe.deviantart.com/
Rabbit
Admin
Rabbit

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:02 pm

The dosoi below her was just a passing traveler, one too busy talking to himself-seemingly- to take notice of the smaller dosoi above him on the ledge. He was a dust colored gray that got lighter on his back and chest. He was accented with spots of darker gray that matched his mask, the only parts of him that were not gray were the things he painted on himself, or his accessories, one of wich was gray as well. His horns, which curled into a loop above his head were painted golden, as well as the tusks attatched to his mask. His nails, and his hooves, all gold as well. Behind him his tail jingled as the bells attached to it chimed, the feathers in his hair threatened to tug off as the wind just kept blowing, he was holding a part of his thin silk scarf in his mouth.

"No!" He muffled through the scarf in the corner of his mouth. "No no no, I didn't MEAN for the wind to blow, honestly I think you're being very selfish about this I'll have to BAITHE. Maybe I'll just drown you! " Seemingly there was no one around, it would be impossible to see the small spider making home in the loop of his horns bobbing around in the wind. "Wh- HEY! I-!" the dosoi seemed shocked now. "DON'T you talk that way with me young man! I didn't- no! No. It's- the wind is why there is dirt in your web but honestly you are blowing things way out of proportion." He paused for a second and began laughing, his head ducked to avoid the spider falling out of the web as a large gust of wind blew over them. "No no, don't you get it! Blowing things out of proportion! BLOWING LIKE THE WIND!BAHAHAH!" From an outsiders stand point, this dosoi was insane. Hell, maybe an insiders perspective too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rabbets.deviantart.com
Audrey

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Just as Din had settled and begun to contemplate her situation, a soft, barely-noticeable jingle caught her attention. She almost thought she was hearing things in the wild wind, but this was proven wrong when she noticed another dosoi passing below her. Excitement and a new-found hope filled her to the brim and she got up again, eager to make contact with the grey stranger. She opened her mouth to call to him when she noticed that he was already talking to somebody else. With a confused glance around, Din grew even more confused when it seemed there was, in fact, nobody but her present. It couldn't have been her he was speaking to, it didn't make much sense.

Din's curiosity took over, entirely unsure of how trustworthy a Dosoi who speaks to himself would be. She took a step forward to see if she could hear the stranger more clearly, forgetting that she was already at the very edge of the ridge. Down she went with a high-pitched squeal and a desperate attempt to grab something to stop the fall. Luckily the ridge was not very steep, nor was it as high as it had appeared from the top, so by the time she'd slid to the lower level she had only a few cuts and grazes to account for. She landed with a thump and a cloud of dirt swelled around her while she attempted to get her bearings back. "My... that was... interesting..." She muttered to herself. She shook her coat free of dust as the wind picked up again before she bounded after the grey dosoi. "Excuse me!" She called to him. She figured that a crazy dosoi was no worse than a careless one.
Back to top Go down
Rabbit
Admin
Rabbit

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:33 am

The sound of the squeak seemed to startle the large gray dosoi. He jolted, darting a bit away from the only thing he could see, a cloud of dust falling down the hill. The wind quickly drove the dirt away and off to new and exciting lands leaving but a small dosoi chasing after someone. He tilted his head, looking around a bit before he realized HE was the target. He turned tail, and ran, quickly in the opposite direction before turning around and making a loop around the smaller dosoi so he could chase her. It was much more fun that way. "Yes madam, how may I be of service~" He asked, trotting after the female now that he had gotten out of the impending doom her chase made him sure of. The spider had fallen from the web and was now laying somewhere on the ground, a new species to this land. He was a bit eccentric, but he didn't mean any harm. Not yet, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:37 am

Din was somewhat startled when the other Dosoi started running away. A weird reaction from a strange dosoi. She sped up a little to try and keep up with her apparently slightly shorter limbs, turning her so that her attention was on him no matter what direction he went. All seemed well up until the point she realised she was now move backwards, away from the other dosoi. It was a rather awkward thing to happen, as dosoi limbs didn't seem to be made for going backwards so easily as forwards.

"Oh, er... I-" She began to reply. She stopped when her hoof hit a large stone and she decided it was too dangerous to proceed in that manner, especially given she had been going forward when she fell from the ledge. "I was hoping you might help me." She finished, taking a quick look around for any immediate danger. "I am sorry to bother you, but I seem to have... well, to be perfectly honest I'm not entirely sure where I am. I can't say that much of this land is familiar to me." She explained, ashamed of her carelessness. She was far too used to the comforts of a Cana village, she was going to have to be significantly more aware of her surroundings. Especially the odd dosoi.
Back to top Go down
Rabbit
Admin
Rabbit

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:25 pm

The gray dosoi stopped to look at the female and he tilted his head. "Oh yes~!" he paused for a moment. This girl was fun. Sitting down he looked around at his surroundings. "Oh, well, were in... Well... I'm not quite sure exactly where we are." he snorted at first before he crackled. "It is windy wherever it is." he fiddled with the sof silk scarf he had taken from his mouth to be able to talk. "We are most likely... On Adonia... There is always a chance the wind has carried us to ~another~ world." he snickered. "Delightful! What should we name our new planet small one?"
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:21 am

Din's hopes raised when the other Dosoi seemed to have a positive attitude, up until the point where he looked around. Someone who knows where they are and where they are going doesn't normally have to look around to know where they are. She looked around briefly as well, just in case there was something she had missed from high on the other ledge, but it didn't look promising.
"I beg your pardon?" She replied with mild surprise when the larger Dosoi suggested they might be on another world, "Another world?" For a moment she actually believed it was possible. After all, she hadn't encountered such strong winds in a very long time. Din shook her head and sat down with a light laugh. "I don't think I should like to be anywhere other than Adonia. Perhaps, if we are on some strange new world, we could call it the same and pretend we are still there? But that would certainly be interesting, wouldn't it? A new world, full of new life."
Back to top Go down
Rabbit
Admin
Rabbit

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:14 am

"New spiders, maybe?" He asked with a tilt of his head. "Oh how rude of me, let me introduce you to- " He reached up to find the spider that normally perched in his horns to be gone. "Oh..." He plopped down onto the ground rising some dust that was quickly carried off by the wind. "Oh see, never mind. I guess he's gone. Go free Joff! Repopulate and bare strong children!" He faked some tears and then rolled over to look at Din upside down from the ground. "It's rather windy out for a little one like you, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Din was completely bewildered by the other dosoi. Did he think there was someone else there before? She cocked her head ever so slightly to the left with a very perplexed manner about her body language. "Joff?" She repeated curiously, having completely forgotten why she had made contact with this other dosoi to begin with. Din was suddenly aware of the wind again when an especially strong gust howled past after the grey stranger's question and she was forced to turn her head away from it for a moment to avoid her eyes watering. "I don't think I am so little." She said, deciding that she was a little offended by the comment, "Perhaps you are the one who is too large? Although I don't think the wind often plays favourites with anybody." She appeared to think about the possibility for a moment longer, tilting her head a little further while she thought.
Back to top Go down
Rabbit
Admin
Rabbit

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:12 am

"If the wind chose favorites, I would be a favorite." He chuckled, tying his scarf in a knot before moving to stand beside Din, blocking her from the wind quit effectively. "There we go, now you won't blow away like Joff did. Such a bad, bad guardian, his mother would kill me," he moved up to swipe a finger around the circle of his horns to clear out the old, dusty web. Ready for a new tenant!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Northerly winds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northerly winds.   Northerly winds. Empty

Back to top Go down

Northerly winds.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Adonia :: Roleplaying :: World-
Jump to: